January 27, 2010
Read 'em if you want to.
Warning: The following post contains legalese and jargon. Continue reading at your own risk. Click here to see the Contest Page.
SmallGroups.com Digizine iPad Giveaway
Sweepstakes Official Rules
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES ONLY (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT PUERTO RICO) AT TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsors: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by SmallGroups.com, a web service of Christianity Today International, 465 Gundersen Drive, Carol Stream, IL 60188. (“Sponsor").
- Eligibility: Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of August 1, 2010, and a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsors, the Sponsors' parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and household members of each such employee are NOT eligible. Subject to all United States federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 am Central Time on August 1, 2010, and ends at 5:00 pm Central Time on August 31, 2010 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- How to Enter: There are four separate ways to enter to win an iPad through this sweepstakes.
a. Become a fan of the SmallGroups.com Facebook Page.
b. Follow SmallGroupscom on Twitter and use the hashtag #SGDigizine to re-tweet one of our posts (limit one entry per day).
c. Mention/review a SmallGroups.com article or download on your personal or church blog, then post the link in the Comments section below. (Note: you've got to post a comment below with a link to your blog, or we'll never find it.) Again, this is limited to one entry per day.
d. Click here to sign up for the SmallGroups.com newsletter. (Every person that signs up for the newsletter during the month of August will automatically be entered to win.)
- Drawing: On or about September 1, 2010 at 2:00 pm Central Time, Sponsors will select one (1) Potential Winner in a random drawing from among all entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Decisions of Sponsors are final and binding.
- Notification of Potential Winner: Entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected in the random drawing is a Potential Winner. Potential Winner is not a winner until he/she has returned all required documentation and his/her eligibility has been verified by Sponsors. Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail, Direct Message on Twitter, or Facebook, depending on how the winning entry was submitted. ("Prize Notification") on or about September 1, 2010. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all entries received. Except where prohibited, the Potential Winner or, if the Potential Winner is a minor, his/her parent or guardian, may be required to sign and return to Sponsors, within fourteen (14) days of being notified, an affidavit of eligibility and liability release (collectively, the "Release") in order to claim his/her prize. If the Potential Winner (or his/her parent or guardian) fails to sign and return the Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all entries received. Return of any Prize Notification or Release will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned.
- Prizes and Tax Information: One (1) Winner will receive the 16GB iPad http://www.apple.com/ipad/. Approximate retail value is $499.00. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prize permitted, except at Sponsors' sole discretion. All applicable taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner or winner's parent or legal guardian.
Other prizes include:
--First Prize: Five entrants will receive a one-year Church Membership to SmallGroups.com. (Any winners that are already SmallGroups.com members will have their subscriptions extended by one year).
--Second Prize: Ten entrants will receive a one-year subscription to their choice of Christianity Today magazine, Books and Culture, or Leadership Journal.
--Third Prize: Twenty entrants will receive a free downloadable Training Pack or Bible Study from SmallGroups.com or BuildingChurchLeaders.com. >
- Use of Entrant's Contact Information: Any contact information collected from Sweepstakes Entrants will be used by Sponsors only for the purpose of Prize Notification to Potential Winners and delivery of any prize. This information will not be shared with a third party for any reason.
- Miscellaneous: In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If, in Sponsors' sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, any violation of these Official Rules, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes or none of them, using all entries received as of the End Date. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes may be unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsors or its agents. Failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
- Release: By participation in the Sweepstakes and receipt of a prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any cause of action, claims, demands, damages, losses or liabilities of any nature whatsoever including, but not limited to, any harm or loss of any nature whatsoever, caused by, contributed to, arising out of or related to participation in the Sweepstakes, the winning or receipt or use of any prize and each winner, or each winner's parent and/or legal guardian, assumes all liabilities for the same.
- Limitations of Liability: Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsors do not assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Winners List: For notification of the giveaway winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 465 Gundersen Drive, Carol Stream, IL 60188 with Attn: SmallGroups.com Digizine/iPad Giveaway, between September 1, 2010, and September 30, 2010. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
posted by Sam O'Neal on January 27, 2010 2:46 PM